Categories

Princeton University Cannon

Princeton University Cannon School Pennants
Original:
Sold

Stock #: 471435
Type: Postcard
Era: Divided Back
Publisher: Beckman Co.
Size: 3.25" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)
Additional Details:
The History of Princeton's Cannons Left at Princeton, N.J. by the English Army after the revolutionary war. During the war with Great Britain in 1812, the largest cannon was taken to New Brunswick N.J. as protection from the expected attack of the British Squadron. The cannon was brought back to Princeton July 3, 1836. It was later placed upon the campus where it now peacefully reposes, serving as a target for the clay pipes of the graduating class when they have finished their last smoke together at the close of the Cannon Exercises which are held each year around the cannon.

Purchase Scan Send Print
cart: 0