The Library Of Columbia University
| Series 65|
The Library of Columbia University, also called the Seth Low Library, was opened for use in 1897, the gift of President Low. The architectural style is classical, based On Roman Precedents, but with many suggestions o Greek Refinements in its details. It holds a commanding position on the brow of the hill at Morningside Heights and is the focal point of the general campus layout. It has an estimated capacity of 1,500,000 volumes.