Fort Frederica
Title:
Fort Frederica
St. Simons Island Georgia (GA), Jumbo/Large Format unused

Description:
Built in 1736 by British forces under the direction of General James Edward Oglethorpe, founder and first Governor of Georgia. This fortification became the military headquarters for the defense of Georgia and the other British Colonies against the Spaniards in Florida and was the most expensive fortification built by the British in North America. Fort Frederica is now a National Monument under the direction of the National Park Service.


Lighthouse and Glynn County Casino
Title:
Lighthouse and Glynn County Casino
St. Simons Island Georgia (GA), Jumbo/Large Format unused



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church
Frederica Georgia (GA), Jumbo/Large Format unused

Description:
Crist Church, Ferderica, St. Simons Island, GA was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1854 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built serving it until his death in 1898.


Sea Island Golf Clubhouse, Sea Island
Title:
Sea Island Golf Clubhouse, Sea Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1957 Aug-30



Greetings from Saint Simons Island
Title:
Greetings from Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused


The Tabby House
Title:
The Tabby House
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused



King and Prince Hotel
Title:
King and Prince Hotel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused


The Ship House
Title:
The Ship House
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused



Catholic Chapel on Frederica Road
Title:
Catholic Chapel on Frederica Road
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1952 Mar-14

Description:
Near the entrance to Sea Island Beach. This chapel was completed and dedicated in 1930. From 1568 to 1686, three Spanish Missions were located on St. Simons Island, but they were abandoned after Indian uprisings, pirate raids and trouble with the English. Thus, when the present Chapel was dedicated in 1930, two hundred and forty-four years had elapsed since Catholic services had been held in a Catholic Chapel on St. Simons Island.


Christ Church, St. Simon's Island, Georgia
Title:
Christ Church, St. Simon's Island, Georgia
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1952 Jul-23

Description:
Christ Episcopal Church, Frederica, Saint Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving until his death in 1898.



St. Simons Beach
Title:
St. Simons Beach
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Showing swimming pool of casino in foreground with St. Simons Beach, pier and playground at far left. Shopping area seen in background. One of Georgia's most popular summer playgrounds and beach recreation centers.


Crew's Restaurant
Title:
Crew's Restaurant
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Dexter Press



King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool
Title:
King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome


Shopping Center
Title:
Shopping Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome



King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool and Patio
Title:
King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool and Patio
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
A beauty spot of the Ga. Golden Isles. Complete rest and enjoyment gives way to an ideal vacation wonderland. Dexter Press, Inc.


Lighthouse and Glyn County Casino
Title:
Lighthouse and Glyn County Casino
St. Thomas Island Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
A swimming pool, bowling alleys and skating rink are in and around the building.



Drawbridge Across Frederica River
Title:
Drawbridge Across Frederica River
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
A part of the new highway connecting Brunswick and St. Simons Island, Ga. Frederica River is a part of the inland waterway and thousands of yachts pass through the drawbridge annually, on their way to and from Florida.


Glynn County Casino and Lighthouse
Title:
Glynn County Casino and Lighthouse
St. Simon Island Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Tichnor Bros., Inc.



Lighthouse on St. Simons Island
Title:
Lighthouse on St. Simons Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen

Description:
The first government lighthouse was built on this spot in 1808, but was destroyed by Confederates during the War Between the States. The present tower was built in 1871. Near this spot English forces under Oglethorpe built Fort St. Simons in 1736, and during the Spanish Invasion of 1742, Fort St. Simons was occupied by Spanish troops. Curt Teich & Co.


Shopping Center, Lighthouse and Recreation Center
Title:
Shopping Center, Lighthouse and Recreation Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused



St. Simon's Island
Title:
St. Simon's Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1972 Jul-11

Description:
Showing swimming pool of Casino in foreground with St. Simons Beach, pier and playground at far left. Shopping area seen in background. One of Georgia's most popular summer playgrounds, and beach recreation centers.


Catholic Chapel on Frederica Road
Title:
Catholic Chapel on Frederica Road
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
near the entrance to Sea Island Beach. This Chapel was completed and dedicated in 1930. From 1568 to 1686, three Spanish Missions were located on St. Simons Island, but they were abandoned after Indian uprisings, private raids and trouble with the English. Thus, when the present Chapel was dedicated in 1930, two hundred and forty-four years had elapsed since Catholic services had been held in a Catholic Chapel on St. Simons Island



Queen's Court Motel
Title:
Queen's Court Motel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Electric heat, air conditioned, room TV, private pool, cocktail lounge, excellent dining facilities, in room coffee. Located in the heart of town, 2 blocks from ocean and fishing pier


Shopping Center
Title:
Shopping Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1995

Description:
Central point of activity



Drawbridge Across Frederica River
Title:
Drawbridge Across Frederica River
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Series 11
A part of the new highway connecting Brunswick and St. Simons Island, Ga. Frederica River is a part of the inland waterway and thousands of yachts pass through the drawbridge annually, on their way to and from Florida


Christ Church Frederica
Title:
Christ Church Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
The congregation at Christ Church was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley. The present church building was erected in 1884 by Rev. Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge.



Silvian Springs Glynn Haven
Title:
Silvian Springs Glynn Haven
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1961 May-29

Description:
"Mighty Fine" Although entirely surrounded by salt water, there are several fresh water lakes on St. Simons Island.


Chapel At Methodist Center
Title:
Chapel At Methodist Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1953 Jul-06

Description:
The Chapel at The Methodist Center was built about 1880 for use as a Community Church - Later it was consecrated as St. James Episcopal Chapel and was used as such until August 6, 1926. It became the property of the South Georgia Conference on Oct. 1st. 1949.



On Frederica Road, Frederica Road
Title:
On Frederica Road, Frederica Road
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1951 Jul-03

Description:
Catholic Chapel on Frederica Road, St. Simons Island, Georgia near the entrance to Sea Island Beach. This Chapel was completed and dedicated in 1930. from 1568 to 1686, three Spanish, Missions were located on St. Simons Island, but they were abandoned after Indian uprisings, Pirate raids and trouble with the English. Thus, when the present Chapel was dedicated in 1930, two hundred and forty-four years had elapsed since Catholic services had been held in a Catholic Chapel on St. Simons Island.


Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1954 Jun-28

Description:
Christ Episcopal Church, Frederica, Saint Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built, in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving until his death in 1898.



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1952 May-31

Description:
The congregation at Christ Episcopal church was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley. The present church building was erected in 1884 by Rev. Anson Green Phelps dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge.


Arthur James Moore Building
Title:
Arthur James Moore Building
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Epworth-By-The Sea St. Simons Island, Ga. This building houses the Methodist Museum which includes a large collection of historical artifacts related to the religious history of Georgia.



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1967 Mar-31

Description:
Christ Church, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898.


St. Simons Presbyterian Church
Title:
St. Simons Presbyterian Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1957 Jan-25

Description:
Organized September 29th, 1946. New Church Building Dedicated September 26th, 1954.



W. Harry Smith Dining Room
Title:
W. Harry Smith Dining Room
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Epworth By-The-Sea


Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Christ Episcopal Church, Frederica, Saint Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green phelps Dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving until his death in 1898.



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Christ Church, Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898.


The St. Simons Methodist Church
Title:
The St. Simons Methodist Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
This is the only Methodist church ever erected on St. Simons since John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, preached on the Island over two centuries ago. The building was dedicated in December, 1941, when the American Council of Methodist Bishops met on St. Simons, and donated the cross now placed on the front of the church.



Lighthouse On St. Simon'S Island
Title:
Lighthouse On St. Simon'S Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
LIGHTHOUSE ON ST. SIMON'S ISLAND, GEORGIA, BUILT IN 1871. ST. SIMON'S ISLAND IS THE ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF THE GOLDEN ISLES OF GEORGIA.


Christ Church, Frederica.
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica.
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1964

Description:
CHRIST CHURCH, FREDERICA, ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GEORGIA, WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1736 BY JOHN AND CHARLES WESLEY, FOUNDER OF METHODISM, WHO CAME TO GEORGIA AT THIS TIME AS MISSIONARIES OF THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND. THE PRESENT CHURCH EDIFICE WAS BUILT IN 1884 BY ANSON GREEN PHELPS DODGE. JR. AS A MEMORIAL TO HIS WIFE, ELLEN ADA PHELPS DODGE. MR. DODGE THEN TOOK HOLY ORDERS AND BECAME THE RESTOR OF THE CHURCH WHICH HE HAD BUILT, SERVING IT UNTIL HIS DEATH IN 1898.



Stricland Memorial Auditorium, Epworth by the Sea, The Methodist Center
Title:
Stricland Memorial Auditorium, Epworth by the Sea, The Methodist Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen


Catholic Chapel on Frederica road
Title:
Catholic Chapel on Frederica road
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1941

Description:
This Chapel was completed and dedicated in 1930. From 1568 to 1686, three Spanish Missions were located on St. Simons Island, but they were abandoned after Indian uprisings, Pirate raids and trouble with the English. Thus, when the present Chapel was dedicated in 1930, two hundred and forty-four years had elapsed since Catholic services had been held in a Catholic Chapel on St. Simons Island.



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome

Description:
Christ church, Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898.


Lovely Lane Chapel
Title:
Lovely Lane Chapel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome

Description:
This chapel, located at Epworth by the sea, Methodist Conference Center, St. Simons Island, Ga., was erected in 1880 and is named after the original Lovely Lane Chapel of Baltimore, Maryland, scene of the organizing conference of the Methodist Church in the United States.



St. Simons Presbyterian Church
Title:
St. Simons Presbyterian Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Organized September 29th 1946. New Church Building Dedicated September 26th 1954


Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1954

Description:
Christ Episcopal Church ,Frederica, Saint Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson green Phelps Dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Adam Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving until his death in 1898.



Christ Church, Frederica
Title:
Christ Church, Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1965

Description:
Christ Church, Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia was established in 1736 by John and Charles Westoy, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and become the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898


Glynn County Casino
Title:
Glynn County Casino
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1952 Jul-23

Description:
Overlooking St. Simons Beach, one of the South's smoothest and safest bathing beaches, the Glynn Country Casino is the center of all Island recreational activities. Besides surf bathing, the Casino and grounds afford playground equipment, tennis courts, a fishing pier, outside dance floor, bowling facilities, a motion picture theatre and ample picnic grounds.



King and Prince Hotel
Title:
King and Prince Hotel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Real Photo unused


St. Simons Island Golf Club
Title:
St. Simons Island Golf Club
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Beautiful panoramic aerial view.



Craft's Ocean Court
Title:
Craft's Ocean Court
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1952 Sep-6

Description:
A veritable year 'round paradise on the fashionable and historic old St. Simons Island.


King and Prince Hotel
Title:
King and Prince Hotel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
One of the Golden Isles of Georgia. A new seaside resort hotel, directly on the Atlantic. Open the year round. European. Private beach and pool.



The Ship House
Title:
The Ship House
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused


Queen's Court Motel and Grounds
Title:
Queen's Court Motel and Grounds
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome

Description:
437 Kings Way Heart of Town - Two blocks from Ocean Tel - Melrose 8-8459 Electric heat - Air conditioned - Room TV - Private Pool - In Room Coffee - Excellent dining facilities on grounds



The Ship House
Title:
The Ship House
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1962 Mar-8


King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool and Patio
Title:
King and Prince Hotel Swimming Pool and Patio
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
A "beauty" spot of the Ga. "Golden Isles." Complete rest and enjoyment give way to an ideal vacation wonderland



The Jeep Train - Formerly Known as The Mule Train
Title:
The Jeep Train - Formerly Known as The Mule Train
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1960 Apr-30

Description:
A favorite mode of transportation - for all ages


St. Simons lighthouse and new Post Office
Title:
St. Simons lighthouse and new Post Office
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused



The Cloister at Sea Island Beach
Title:
The Cloister at Sea Island Beach
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused


Greetings from Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Title:
Greetings from Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
St. Simons Island is one of the largest of Georgia's famous "Golden Isles." Gucle Indians called the Island Asao. Spain established the first mission on St. Simons in 1568, and priests of the Jesuit Order, serving this mission, called it San Simon. The anglicized version of the name of the old mission is the name the Island bears today



The Cloister, Sea Island Beach
Title:
The Cloister, Sea Island Beach
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused


King and Prince Hotel
Title:
King and Prince Hotel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome

Description:
One of the Golden Isles of Georgia. A new seaside resort hotel, directly on the Atlantic. Open the year round. European. Private beach and pool



Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome PM 1966 Aug-8

Description:
Frederica was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898


Mallory Street
Title:
Mallory Street
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Real Photo unused



The Lighthouse
Title:
The Lighthouse
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Real Photo unused


Sea Island Yacht Clubhouse and Docks, Frederica River
Title:
Sea Island Yacht Clubhouse and Docks, Frederica River
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
St. simons Island, Georgia, with the inland waterway also pictured. The bridge leads to the mainland, Brunswick, Georgia Tichnor Bros. Inc



The Cloister, Sea Island Beach
Title:
The Cloister, Sea Island Beach
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Divided Back PM 1934 Sep-6

Description:
Facing the Atlantic Ocean and also overlooking Black Banks River, the Cloister is a gem of Mediterranean architecture and retains the motif of the old Spanish Missions, which were the first buildings on the Georgia Coastal Islands


Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
C.L. Marsh Christ Church, Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia, was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge, Jr. as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge. Mr. Dodge then took holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving it until his death in 1898 Dexter Press



Shopping center, Lighthouse and Recreation Center
Title:
Shopping center, Lighthouse and Recreation Center
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused


Jekyll Island State Park Clubhouse
Title:
Jekyll Island State Park Clubhouse
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Jekyll Island, GA called by the Indians Ospo. Oglethorpe changed the name to Jekyll Island in honor of Sir Joseph Jekyll, who had contributed liberally toward the founding of the colony of Georgia Tichnor Bros. Inc



Sea Island Yacht Clubhouse and Docks
Title:
Sea Island Yacht Clubhouse and Docks
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Sea Island Yacht Clubhouse and docks, Frederica River, St. Simons Island, Georgia, with the inland waterway also pictured. The bridge leads to the mainland, Brunswick, Georgia


A "Tug of War" at East Beach
Title:
A "Tug of War" at East Beach
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1938 May-17

Description:
Life on the beach is the greatest common rejuvenator. New health and vigor are as free as the air. Breathing the seaside atmosphere is a great testorative. Dash through tumbling surf to greet the sunrise or frolic in the flashing spray. Sun, surf and sand are just what the doctor ordered



Crafts Ocean Court
Title:
Crafts Ocean Court
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Located directly on the Ocean, next to east Beach Coast Guard Station. Kitchenitte, rooms, and family units, air conditioned, electric heat, television, shuffleboard, and king size pool, 30 X 60 ft. Owner & Manager, Mrs. Florrie Mobley


Queen's Court Motel
Title:
Queen's Court Motel
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Electric Heat-Air Conditioned-Room TV-Private Pool-Cocktail Lounge-Excellent Dining Facilities-In room coffee-Located in the Heart of Town 2 blocks from Ocean and Fishing pier. Telephone 638-8459 Dexter Press, Inc



Christ Church
Title:
Christ Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1949 Nov-25

Description:
Series 3B-H1710 Christ Church, Frederica, Scint Simons Island, Georgia was established in 1736 by John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, who came to Georgia at this time as missionaries of the Church of England. The present Church edifice was built in 1884 by Anson Green Phelps dodge, Jr., as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada phelps dodge. Mr Dodge then took Holy Orders and became the rector of the church which he had built, serving until his death in 1898.


Christ Church Frederica
Title:
Christ Church Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
The congregational at Christ Church was established in 1736 by John and Charles wesley. The present church building was erected in 1884 by Rev. Anson Green Phelps Dodge, Ir.,as a memorial to his wife, Ellen Ada Phelps Dodge.



The St. Simons Methodist Church
Title:
The St. Simons Methodist Church
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen

Description:
This is the only Methodist Church ever erected St. Simons since John and Charles Wesley, founders of Methodism, preached on the Island over two centuries ago. The building was dedicated in December, 1941, when the American Council of Methodist Bishops met on St. Simons, and donated the cross now placed on the front of the church.


Christ Church Frederica
Title:
Christ Church Frederica
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1959

Description:
The congregation of which Christ Church is the successer, was organized by Charles Wesley in March,1736, who was the founder of the little band known as the "Holy Club", which grew into the great Methodist Episcopal Church today and his first charge was Frederica.It was under the moss covered lifve oaks in this little Church Yard that John and Charles Wesley preached and sang to the Indians.



Greetings From Saint Simons Island
Title:
Greetings From Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
St. Simons Island is one of the largest of Georgia's famous "Golden Isles." Gucle Indians called the Island Asao. Spain established the first mission on St. Simons in 1568, and priests of the Jesuit order, serving this mission, called it San Simon. The anglicized version of the name of the old mission is the name the Island bears today.


Greetings From Saint Simons Island
Title:
Greetings From Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
St. Simons Island is one of the largest of Georgia's famous "Golden Isles." Guale Indians called the Island Asao. Spain established the first mission on St. Simons in 1568, and priests of the Jesuit Order, serving this mission, called it San Simon. The anglicized version of the name of the old mission is the name the Island bears today.



Drawbridge across Frederica River
Title:
Drawbridge across Frederica River
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Connecting Brunswick and St. Simons Island. Drawbridge across Frederica River - a part of the new highway connecting Brunswick and St. Simons Island. Frederica River is a part of the inland waterway, and thousands of yachts pass through this drawbridge annually, on their way to and from Florida.


Light House
Title:
Light House
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Government Light House, St. Simon's Island, Ga., near Brunswick, Ga., showing a view of the Atlantic Ocean, where surf bathing is enjoyed



Sea Island Yacht Club
Title:
Sea Island Yacht Club
Saint Simons Georgia (GA), Linen PM 1940

Description:
This is one of the most beautiful spots on the coast. Located on Frederica River, a part of the inland waterway, through which all yachts going either north or south pass




Total: 83 Items