Park in the Square
Title:
Park in the Square
St. John Kansas (KS), Jumbo/Large Format unused

Description:
The park in the square owned by the county and maintained by the city was established in 1879 and is the center of activity in this small central Kansas farming community. Almost everyone has an interest in the park. The Hesperian Club bought benches and financed a cement block wall around the park in 1911 and erected the Mosley Memorial Fountain in 1913. A copy of the Statue of Liberty stands in a corner - presented by Mr. and Mrs. H.F. Sutton and dedicated by the Boy Scouts of America. Other groups and individuals planted trees in memory of loved ones; still others planted and cared for flowers. During the Centennial celebration in 1979 a capsule containing the history of St. John was buried in the park to be opened in the year 2029. This park in the square truly belongs to the hearts of all who have ever lived here


"The Old Hotel" by Ruth Weese Beitler
Title:
"The Old Hotel" by Ruth Weese Beitler
St. John Kansas (KS), Jumbo/Large Format unused

Description:
From the May 12, 1887, issue of the St. John Sun: "A meeting was called the first of the week by some of the prominent business men of our city for the purpose of organizing a stock company to build a $15,000 hotel on 5th Avenue." Around 1917 the building was remodeled with pillars and a veranda and housed the "Mueller Chiropractic Sanitorium". A few years later the building was once again remodeled and used as a hotel, the "St. John Hotel". More recent proprietors were Mr. and Mrs. John Kay and still later, Hattie French. The old hotel, one of the oldest landmarks left in St. John, still stands in 1981. "The Old Hotel" paining is the artist's conception of what the St. John HOtel must have looked like during the late 1920s



A Row of Elevators
Title:
A Row of Elevators
St. John Kansas (KS), Divided Back unused


The Minnis Chapel
Title:
The Minnis Chapel
St. John Kansas (KS), Chrome unused

Description:
Representating a "Third Generation of Service" was dedicated for public service on Oct. 10, 1966



The Minnis Chapel
Title:
The Minnis Chapel
St. John Kansas (KS), Chrome unused

Description:
Representing a "Third Generation of Service", was dedicated for public service on Oct. 10, 1966


Flour Mill
Title:
Flour Mill
St. John Kansas (KS), Divided Back unused



First M. E. Church
Title:
First M. E. Church
St. John Kansas (KS), Divided Back unused




Total: 7 Items