Matagorda County Court House
Title:
Matagorda County Court House
Bay City Texas (TX), Real Photo


John Cherry School
Title:
John Cherry School
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Named for the School System Superintendent 1946-1960. Opened for the 1930 school year, lauded a dream come true for 300 high school students. The world globe sculpture was saved by alumni before the schools demolition (January 1987) and is in the Mtagorda County Museum



Medallion Building
Title:
Medallion Building
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Sight of Matagorda County's First Bank, built in 1898. Now the home of Landmark Real Estate. 2044 Avenue F


Bay City - City Hall
Title:
Bay City - City Hall
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
City Hall moved from the site of the museum to this modern facility in 1965 affording office space for all administrative departments, utility departments, billing offices and spacious council chambers which double as city courtrooms. Construction costs were paid by the public owned Bay City Gas Company



Matagorda County Courthouse
Title:
Matagorda County Courthouse
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Matagorda Townsite became the first county seat for Matagorda County in 1837. Bay City was built inland "On the Square" around a new courthouse in late 1894. The present courthouse, built in 1965, accommodates county and district offices, three courtrooms, and lower level parking


Live Oak Trees
Title:
Live Oak Trees
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Flourish well in the Bay City area. One may see the majestic touch given by these sculptures of nature at the Bay City Country Club grounds and neighboring Le Tulle Park



The Matagorda HDPE Plant
Title:
The Matagorda HDPE Plant
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Started late in 1983 marked the end of an intensive six-year developmetn by Conoco and later DuPont. The facility on a 2,114 acre site twelve miles south of Bay City is completely self-supporting with major service feeders supplying or accommodating a complete petrochemical complex


First Fire House
Title:
First Fire House
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
Was built in 1906 and used a short hwile to house two hand drawn hose carts and one chemical cart. In 1963 it was restored by the city as a business building



Matagorda General Hospital
Title:
Matagorda General Hospital
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
110 beds, JCAH approved, affiliated with Memorial Care Systems in Houston. Current Hemodialysis, day surgery, birthing room, 24 hour emergency room, stress testing, CT scan, social services, and substance abuse counselling. Member of Matagorda County hospital district with Wagner General Hospital and Matagorda House Nursing Home


The First National Bank of Bay City (now Wells Fargo)
Title:
The First National Bank of Bay City (now Wells Fargo)
Bay City Texas (TX), Chrome unused

Description:
established in 1901. Their growth and community pride necessitated moves to larger facilities. From the middle of the 1800 block of 7th to 7th and H in 1902, then 7th and G in 1912 and several renovations. The present imposing structure was built in 1967



Bay Tex Hotel
Title:
Bay Tex Hotel
Bay City Texas (TX), Linen unused

Description:
Bay Tex Hotel Near the Bay Bay City, Texas Modern, Steam Heated - Best Meal in Texas. G.W. Davis, Manager


Matagoroa General Hospital
Title:
Matagoroa General Hospital
Bay City Texas (TX), Real Photo unused





Total: 12 Items