The Bates Quarry
Title:
The Bates Quarry
Scarsdale New York (NY), Post Card (Undivided Back) unused


Greetings From Scarsdale
Title:
Greetings From Scarsdale
Scarsdale New York (NY), Linen unused



Junior High School
Title:
Junior High School
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
Opened in September 1957. The first school building in the state to be designed and operated on the "House Plan" for 6th, 7th and 8th grades. This building accommodates three of the four "Houses" or "Schools" of 340 pupils each. It sets on a campus of 22 acres. All "Houses" utilize the central library, auditorium, gymnasium, shops, cafeteria and homemaking rooms.


Sakura Restaurant, 54-56 Garth Rd
Title:
Sakura Restaurant, 54-56 Garth Rd
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
Japanese ? Sushi ? Tempura ? Teriyaki Chinese ? Peking Duck ? Lobster Cantonese Style Parking Conveniently Adjacent to Restaurant Close by Scarsdale R.R. Station & Scarsdale Plaza Theater



The Cudner-Hyatt House, 937 Post Road
Title:
The Cudner-Hyatt House, 937 Post Road
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
Records dated 1757 declare Mikiah Cudner "of the Manor of Scarsdale . . . Yeoman" was "in Possession" Of this house. Reuben Cudner inherited 62 acres with the house of his father's 210 acre farm in Scarsdale. On March 24, 1836 Caleb Hyatt acquired the estate for $3,000 and the house has remained Hyatt property. Oliver A. Hyatt, son of the first Caleb, sold it to his son, Caleb Hyatt in 1924. Oliver A. Hyatt served the community as road commissioner, supervisor, and assessor for 30 years, and for 68 years as vestryman and warden of the church of St. James the Less.


Wayside Cottage
Title:
Wayside Cottage
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
The "Wayside" plot was conveyed to Edmund Tomkins April 22, 1717 by Caleb Heathcote. Thomas Hadden bought the farm from Abraham Hyat in 1729. When James Varian owned the farmhouse it was a drover's inn and later the rectory and day school of the church of St. James the Less. May 16, 1919 Miss Emily Butler gave Wayside to the Village. Thereafter it became the first home of the Scarsdale Woman's Club and then the Scarsdale Public Library. It is now the home of the junior League acting as custodian. Photograph by Mary Andrews.



Scarsdale Station
Title:
Scarsdale Station
Scarsdale New York (NY), Post Card (Undivided Back) PM 1907 Aug-2


Bronx River Parkway
Title:
Bronx River Parkway
Scarsdale New York (NY), Linen PM 1941 Aug-12



The Girl Scout House
Title:
The Girl Scout House
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome PM 1954


Scarsdale's Business Center
Title:
Scarsdale's Business Center
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
In 1920 this site was on open field. Within five years these attractive buildings had been erected through the wise planning and financial support of a group of leading citizens who formed The Scarsdale Improvement Company. The first board of directors included: Stephen L. Angell, George W. Crane, John W. Dickinson, George W. Field, George A. Harwood, Arthur A. Hebard, Charles E. Herrmann, Philip W. Russell, Dr. Ralph R. Ryan, Leonard Schultze, Horace N. Taylor, Hugh White, Pliny W. Williamson, and Rush Wilson. Mr. Wilson was the first president.



Harwood Building
Title:
Harwood Building
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
Named by Rush Wilson in honor of George A. Harwood who, s chairman of the building committee, had worked with Leonard Schultz, Architect, in the design and construction of the building to meet the esthetic values of the community as well as the needs of business and professional occupants.


Scarsdale
Title:
Scarsdale
Scarsdale New York (NY), Continental Chrome unused



The Fenway Golf Club
Title:
The Fenway Golf Club
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
In 1903, Eugene S. Reynal built a fine stone residence which he sold in 1921 with 55 acres to the Fenimore Country Club, named in honor of James Finemore Cooper who owned the adjoining farm until 1850. The building was enlarged, additional land was purchased and the course developed. In the 1930s the club was reorganized by its members and become known as Fenway Golf Club.


Mont Parnasse, 824 Central Avenue
Title:
Mont Parnasse, 824 Central Avenue
Scarsdale New York (NY), Chrome unused

Description:
Party Catering Carefully Prepared Food Open Everyday Very Affordable Prices





Total: 14 Items