Cairo Country Club
Title:
Cairo Country Club
Cairo Georgia (GA), Chrome unused


Cairo-Grady County Chamber of Commerce
Title:
Cairo-Grady County Chamber of Commerce
Cairo Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Modern facilities now outstanding Civic Center of area but Chamber has been No. 1 promotional agency on full-time basic since 1925! Organized for Service.



Portion of Central Business District
Title:
Portion of Central Business District
Cairo Georgia (GA), Chrome unused

Description:
Air view from northwest approach showing most of southern portion, with S.C.L. railroad station in middle foreground. Note extensive offstreet parking facilities, other modern features. County seat of Grady County, Ga., pop. approximately 10,000 (1973). Georgia "Certified City" for second five-year period.


Entrance to Pope Museum
Title:
Entrance to Pope Museum
Cairo Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
Entrance to Pope Museum in Grady County, Ga. 8 miles Northeast to Cairo, toward Meigs, on paved Georgia Route 111. Museum contains more than 200 statues, all the work of Mrs. Pope Forester (shown at gate). Statues honor heroes of both World Wars, Martha Berry, Red Cross, Gold Star Mothers, and many others, including old maid school-teachers. Museum is open to public without charge



First Bapist Church
Title:
First Bapist Church
Cairo Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
FIRST BAPIST CHURCH , CAIRO, GA.,CONSTITUTED IN 1879 WITH THE LATE REV. JOSHUA MARTIN AS FIRST POSTER. THE CORNERSTONE OF THE PRESENT BUILDING WAS LAID IN 1908 AND ESTENSIVE ADDITION WAS COMPLETED ABOUT 20 YEARS LATER. MAORE THAN $30,000 HAS ALREADY BEEN CONTRIBUTED TO A NEW REMODELING AND ENLARGEMENT PROGRAM.


First Methodist Church
Title:
First Methodist Church
Cairo Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
IS WIDELY RECOGNIZED AS BEING AMONG THE MOST BEAUTIFUL IN SOUTH GEORGIA. OF WILLIAMSBURG COLONIAL ARCHITECTURE, AND BRICK CONSTRUCTION, THE CHURCH INTERIOR IS STRIKINGLY FINISHED, AND COMPLETE WITH ONE OF THE FINEST ORGANS OBTAINABLE AS WELL AS CHIMES WITH AMPLIFIERS TO MAKE THEM HEARD FOR A RADIUS OF SEVERAL MILES. AN EXTENSIVE GROUNDS IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM IS A LIVING MEMORIAL TO MEMBER HEROS OF WORLD WAR II.



Grady County Court House
Title:
Grady County Court House
Cairo Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
The Grady County Courthouse at Cairo was built in 1908, by direct taxation, two years after county was created. In it hangs a handsome portrait of the noted editor and author, Henry W. Grady, for whom the county was named. An extensive modernization program for the structure is planned.


Club-House Of Cairo Woman's Club
Title:
Club-House Of Cairo Woman's Club
Cairo Georgia (GA), Linen unused

Description:
The club-house of the Cairo Woman's Club in Cairo, Ga., has long been the center of community social and cultural activities. It adjoins beautiful Davis Park (at rear). The club itself has been quiet active since its organization in 1906. It was federated in 1910.





Total: 8 Items