Begun 1906; opened for services 1915; interior work continued to completion 1956. E. L. Masqueray, architect. Classic Renaissance Adaptation of Romanesque architecture. 307½ ft. to top of cross, 381 ft. long (including sacristy), 216 ft. wide. Built of Minnesota granite. Main features: magnificent dome; sculptured details on exterior; heroic sculptured statues in beautiful marble chapels in interior; stately splendor of High Altar and sanctuary; rich and colorful decoration of sculptured gesso interior; excellent stained glass. Visitors welcome every day of the year.