The First White House of the Confederacy was built in 1825. It was here that President Jefferson Davis and his family lived while Montgomery, Ala. Was the seat of the Confederate government. The residence was ocquired by the State as an official shrine in 1921 and moved to its present site. Most of the furnishings used by Jefferson Davis and his wife, Varina Howell Davis, are housed in this building which is open daily. No admission charge.