Located 37 miles north of Montgomery just off U.S. 31. A spacious house with adjoining buildings on 103 acres of land was given to Ala. In 1901 by Col. Jefferson Manly Falkner, Confederate States Army, for a home and cemetery for Confederate soldiers. In 1937 the home was closed and the cemetery was neglected. Just the 2 cemeteries remain from he "Home" as it was from 1902 to 1937. The Alabama Daughters of the Confederacy and the Sons of Confederate Veterans have had Memorial services at the cemetery annually since 1956. Ala. Legislature established it as a Confederate Memorial Park in 1964. At UDC Annual Convention in 1965 Gov. George C. Wallace announced the first appropriation for its restoration.