Brilliant azaleas and a spacious lawn frame this lovely white columned Southern mansion, a reminder of days gone by. This masterfully perfected home of beauty and quality was built in 1834-35 while the State Capitol was in Tuscaloosa. Gov. Arthur Pendleton Bagby bought the mansion March 10, 1838. The Capitol was moved to Montgomery, so Gov. Bagby was the only Governor to live in this mansion. It is now a faculty club of the University of Alabama and is in an excellent state of repairs.