St. Lorenz Lutheran Church is the oldest Lutheran Church in the Saginaw Valley and one of the oldest in the State of Michigan, founded in 1845. The replica, reconstructed in 1963 by Wm. Zehnder, Jr. on its original site, was the first log cabin used as a parsonage, church and school for the Chippewa Indians. The Church Bells were brought over by the Early Settlers from Nuernberg, Germany. Frankenmuth, Michigan - where the gemuetlichkeit of Old Bavaria blends with the hospitality of New America. Located 6 minutes Off 1-75 Expressway.