The original Territorial Capitol was built in 1820 and remodeled in 1834. It is constructed of large hand-hewn oak logs covered with red heart handbeaded cypress siding. All the ceiling beams, both upstairs and down, have the same beaded finish. Some of the wall boards in the building are eighteen inches and some twenty inches wide. All of the hand-made old furniture is authentic. This Building was the meeting place of the last Territorial Legislature, October 5 to November 16, 1835. The Arkansas Territorial Capitol Restoration is located at Third and Cumberland Street.