Categories

St. Mary's Church, 338 West Washington St

St. Mary's Church, 338 West Washington St Greenville South Carolina
Price:
 
$4.95

  

Stock #: 90037
Type: Postcard
Era: Linen
City: Greenville
State: South Carolina (SC)
County: Greenville
Publisher: Asheville Post Card Co.
Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)
Other Categories:

Purchase Scan Send Print
Additional Details:
St. Mary's Church - original section built in 1903 - was completely remodeled and doubled in size in 1955-1956 at a cost in excess of $200,000 under the direction of the Very Rev. Charles J. Baum, V.F., present Pastor and Dean of Greenville. One of the most beautiful and one of the largest churches in the Diocese of Charleston (which includes all of the State of South Carolina) the new St. Mary's Church was solemnly Dedicated by his Eminence, Samuel Cardinal Stretch, Archbishop of Chicago, on Sunday, November 4, 1956, the Feast of St. Charles Borromeo. More than 30 Stained Glass Windows executed by the Edward W. Hiemer & Co. of Clifton, New Jersey, constitute one of the most attractive features of the greater St. Mary's Church.