Fort Findlay Centennial, 1812-1912
Celebration and Homecoming, Week of August 18, th 1912. Erected Summer of 1812. Named in Honor of Colonel James Findlay. Used as a Military Storehouse. Evacuated in the Spring of 1815. The Fort face Main Street, South Bank of the Blanchard River.
From the Darlene Thorne Collection
CELEBRATION AND HOME COMING FINDLAY, OHIO BIOGRAPHY. Colonel JAMES FINDLAY was born in Penn- sylvania, 1775, He married Miss Jane Irwin, and about 1795 moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. In the War of 1812, he was colonel of a regi- ment, which was the advance guard of Gen. Hull's army on the march from the Scioto River to the Maumee. On this march, he began the erection of Fort Findlay, named in his honor, and from which, the City of Findlay, Ohio, derives its name. He was general of the Ohio Militia; a member of Congress, 1825-1833. He died in 1835. rigir AH.Linen 1912, COLONEL JAMES FINDLAY. WEEK OF AUGUST 18TH.1912.
FORT FINDLAY ERECTED-SUMMER DE 1812 CENTA INDLAY C HOME CONTAINS USED AS A MILITARY STOREHOUSE EVACUATED IN THE SPRING OF 1815. Har bun anfull any better. Everyone will go, Il can't do again at a suppor a late. Was hind back day trani was awful Arrived here at aa. m. to AUG.18 TO24 THE LATTE LA STRINGW -4 WELCOME THE FORT FACED MAIN STREET, SOUTH BANKY OF THE BLANCHARD RIVER, FINDLAY, O. PORDI BEOUT. A W. W. Wickerham - Detroit, Harpers Hospital. Much. THE NAMED IN HONOR OF COLONEL JAMES FINDLAY. XXX