The Old Stone Church, Public Square
THE OLD STONE CHURCH, PUBLIC SQUARE, CLEVELAND, OHIO 9B-H1878
THE OLD STONE CHURCH (The First Presbyterian Society in Cleveland), LOCATED ON PUBLIC SQUARE, is one of America's most widely known and influential churches. The congregation was organized in 1820 when Cleveland was a vil- lage of 150 inhabitants and is the oldest Pres- byterian organization in the city. The present edifice, dedicated in 1858, is the third struc- ture on the present site. The church is open daily for rest, meditation and prayer.