Atkins-Porter School was named for the late --
J. D. C. Atkins (Member of the Confederate u
Congress) and the late James Davis Porter, 6
Governor of Tennessee, 1874-78. Both were promi-
nent and outstanding citizens of Paris.
The building was first occupied in 1915. An
east addition was completed in 1924, and a west
portion was dedicated in 1926. An additional
east wing has been added (1950), since this pic-
ture was made.
THOMPSON'S COMMUNITY SERVICE, 1220 CHICKASAW, PARIS, TENNESSEE