St. Mary's Church - Cornerstone Blessed august 30, 1903 - had as its builder the Right Rev. Msgr, Andrew Keene Gwynn, P. A., V. F., who was Pastor of the Church from 1900 - 1952. The Greenville Catholic missions were organized by Rev. Dr. J. J. O'Connell in 1852. Greenville's first Catholic Church (the immediate predecessor of St. Mary's Church) was called the Church of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and was dedicated October 15, 1876. present Pastor of St. Mary's Church is the very Rev. Charles J. Baum, who is also Dean of the Greenville Deanery.