The Custis-Lee Mansion at Arlington, Va., was built in 1802 by Geo. Washington Parke Custis, adopted son of Geo. Washington. The Portico with its great Doric Columns was modeled after that of the temple of These us at Athens. It stands on the brow of a hill with the placid Potomac 200 feet below the prospect from its porch being one of rare beauty. It has been the scene of Lavish hospitality in Post Revolutionary days when Lafayette was among its distinguished guests. It was afterwards the home of Robert E. Lee, whose wife was Mary cutis, wherein they were married. When the Civil War came and Lee went to Richmond he Mansion was converted into headquarters for Federal troops and its grounds into a camp and a Military days of Custis and Lee.