The Carnegie Institution is located on the corner of 16th and P Streets. N. W., on what is at present Washington's Boulevard. This building is known as the administration building of the Carnegie Institution of Washington. Erected and completed in the year of 1909, and was built from money taken from the income of the Carnegie Institution, The building is devoted entirely to scientific research. This white marble building and equipment cost $300,000. The Endowment fund given by Mr. Carnegie is $22,000,000.