M.V. Valcour of the Lake Champlain Transportation Co.
Built at Shelburne Harbor, Vermont and completed in the spring of 1948. Maiden voyage July 2, 1948 on run from Burlington, Vt. to Pt. Kent, NY across Lake Champlain. Named after famous naval battle on Lake Champlain at Valcour Island between the American patriots and the British on October 11, 1776. 190 feet long, 447 gross tons powered with four 350 HP diesel engines. Capacity 55 cars on main deck. Passenger lounge and restaurant below.|