The entire Timkin Estate (Founder of Timkin Roller Bearing Co.) at 12th St., and Harrison Ave. N.W. was the gift of the Timkin Foundation. Timkin Mercy Hospital was first opened in the Timkin family home in Feb. 1952. With the help of funds from 2 public subscriptions the new building was dedicated in Jan. 1957. The hospital has a Cobalt "60" Bomb Therapy unit, the first cardiac Catheterization Lab. in Canton, first State approved school of practical nursing in Canton, 237 adult beds and 36 bassinettes.