Interior of the Old Cathedral
| The interior of this historic edifice is beautiful. The magnificent pillars are supporting the ceiling are immense sycamore trees covered with masonry. Three exquisite murals adorn the sanctuary. The crucifixion is from the brush of the great European artist, Lamprecht. The stations of the cross were painted in Europe and, by a special act of Congress, were admitted to the United States, duty free. This church erected in 1826 is used daily. In the crypt of this church lie the remains of the first four bishops of the Vincennes diocese.|
Curt Teich & Co.