Schoharie Easter Egg Exhibit Inspired by an award winning book of Katherine Milhous, The Egg Tree, the Schoharie library trustees with Mrs. Cora Vrooman, president, voted in 1953 to initiate the Easter Egg Tree. From 1953 thru 1963, the Egg trees were shown first on Lasell Hall lawn and then on the Court House lawn. In 1964 the exhibit was held in the Mary Beatrice Cushing Memorial library hall. It was now possible to enlarge the showing with special displays using goose, duck, turkey, hen, pigeon and bantam eggs. Miss Mildred Vrooman and Mrs. Harold Warner have prepared all the hand painted eggs and the exhibits; many others assisted. In 1968 over 14,000 people visited the Easter Egg Exhibit.
Dexter Press, Inc.