Geneva Hall, built in 1822, is the oldest of the many buildings on the campus of Hobart College. Built of gifts of money and labor by Genevans, it housed the original college in its entirety. Remodeled in 1929, the building now is a completely fireproof dormitory and houses fifty-five students. Over the main entrance is a bronze tablet commemorating establishment of the "English Course," the educational venture at Hobart College in 1826 which paved the way for the Bachelor of Science degree in American education. On the walls are many of the Class Stones, permanent memorials of many of the classes of the past one hundred and twenty-five years.
Dexter Press, Inc.