Silver room first floor. Woodward & Lathrup was founded in 1880 at 705 Market Space. Within one year the firm moved to larger quarters at 921 Pennsylvania Avenue. In 1887 a building at 11th & F Sts. Was erected which was the original building of the present site now occupying all but a small corner of the entire block. In 1946 Woodward & Lathrup expanded "across G Street" to occupy the "North Building." In addition there are branch stores in the Pentagon Building, Arlington Farms, and at Bethesda, Maryland truly "A Store Worthy of the Nation's Capital."