This period architecture lends an air of colonial culture to down-town Bowling Green. Warren County was established by Legislature, 1796 as the 24th county of Kentucky. It was formed from part of Logan County. The county was named for Major General Joseph Warren who died at Bunker Hill 17775. The present courthouse was completed in 1867 with extensive renovation completed in 1957. It is located at corner of 10th and College Street.