This home, where Woodrow Wilson spent part of his youth, was built in 1870 by the Rev. Joseph R. Wilson, father of Woodrow Wilson, who was a professor at the Columbia Theological Seminary. Rev. Joseph Wilson came to Columbia from Staunton, Va., where President Wilson was born in 1856. Upon arrival in Columbia, Dr. Wilson built the home after a plan made by his wife Jessie Woodrow Wilson. In this house President Wilson lived from his 14th to about his 18th year.