"Catalina Special" Pacific Electric "Big Red Car"
No. 498 is one of the many Pacific Electric cars displayed at the Orange Empire Railway Museum, Perris, Calif. It was built in 1912 for use on the Southern Pacific's electric suburban lines in the Oakland-Alameda-Berkeley area and came to P.E. During World War II. It ran as part of many trains to the Catalina Terminal at Wilmington and was purchased by the museum after it was retired in 1959|