Frigate Constitution, "Old Ironsides"
| Built in Boston near what is now known as Constitution Wharf; built in 1794; she was designed by Joshua Humphries of Philadelphia and constructed under the direction of Colonel George Claghorn of New Bedford, MA. Paul Revere furnished the copper bolts and spikes. Launched Sat. Oct. 21, 1797; equipment: 400 men, carried 44 guns of 1576 tonnage and cost $302,719|