From the Hudson River, 1740. Trinity Church (founded 1697) is the large spire on the left. The small spire in the center is of the Lutheran Church erected at Broadway & Rector Street in 1729 and burnt in 1776. On the right is the First Presbyterian Church erected in 1719 at what is now 10-14 Walls Street. the wharf stood near the Battery. "From valentine's Manual, 1862, through the courtesy of the New York Historical Society.