The Barnes Mudge House

The Barnes Mudge House Rome New York


Stock #: 29652
Type: Postcard
Era: Chrome
City: Rome
State: New York (NY)
County: Oneida
Publisher: Margo Studio
Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)

Send Print
Additional Details:
Built by Wheeler Barnes, attorney, in 1828 on the southwest bastion of old Fort Stanwix. It later passed into the hands of the family of Alva Mudge. In 1908 it became the Rome Club property. The Majestic elm in the corner was a sapling at the time of the American revolution. At the right is the old Ft. Stanwix Museum.