Honeymoon Isle was opened to selected honeymoon guests by its owner Mr. C. M. Washburn March 10, 1940. At that time honeymoon villege had only ten thatched cottages. Honeymoon village in 1941 consists of fifty thatched cottages all equipped for light housekeeping; a King's palace; a chapel; a recreation hall with dance pavilion; a central building wherein is located the toilets, showes and lavatories. The isle has its own water and electeic light system. Honeymoon Isle is approximately three miles in length and has an area of 335 acres. It is heavily wooded with virgin pine, cedar, and palm trees. The three miles of white sandy beach is on the Gulf side. Fishing is excellent.