Categories

St. Mary's Church, 338 West Washington Street

St. Mary's Church, 338 West Washington Street Greenville South Carolina
Original:
Sold

Stock #: 197535
Type: Postcard
Era: Linen
City: Greenville
State: South Carolina (SC)
County: Greenville
Publisher: Asheville Post Card Co.
Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)
Other Categories:
Additional Details:
St. Mary's Church - Cornerstone Blessed August 30th, 1903 - had as its builder the Right Rev. Msgr. Andrew Keene Gwynn, P.A., V.F., who was Pastor of the Church from 1900-1952. The Greenville Catholic Missions were organized by Rev. Dr. J.J. O'Connell in 1852. Greenville's first Catholic Church (the immediate predecessor of St. Mary's Church) was called the Church of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and was dedicated October 15th, 1876. Present Pastor of St. Mary's Church is the Very Rev. Charles J. Baum, who is also Dean of the Greenville Deanery

Purchase Scan Send Print