Liberty Hall And Customs House
| Series 2/8|
Liberty Hall and Customs House Dublin: This picture contrasts the old with the new The Customs House, built on the banks of the river Liffey in 1791, is one of dublin's finest public buildings and must rank as one of the noblest buildings in Europe. It was burned to a shell during the 1916 - 1922 War of Independence but was later splendidly restored. Liberty Hall, the headquarters of the Irish Transport and General Workers Union, built on the site of the old building, was re-opened on the 1st May, 1965.