Old Cliff House And Seal Rocks
| Series 5B-H1254|
This old historic seven story frame building was built in 1896 by the late Adolph Sutro, king of the Comstock Mines. It was the third structure to be built on this sightly spot. Five presidents and hundreds of world famous dignitaries, as well as thousands of "Just Regular Folks" participated in its hospitality. It was destroyed by fire in 1907.