The Old Town House
| Series 53253|
The old “town house”, was built in 1727, and has been used continually since for town meetings and other purposes. Still in an excellent state of preservation, it is the most historic house in Marblehead. Here Glover recruited his famous regiment of amphibious soldiers, and in 1861, the three companies that responded to Lincoln's call for troops, assembled here.