Built in 1714 from materials brought from England, much of which remains intact, among which are roof, pillars, seats, etc. The curious chandelier. The gift of "John Eldredge, Esq. of ye city of Bristol. England". Still illuminates the edifice on special occasions. There is a sepulchre beneath, where until recently pew owners were privileged to bury their dead. The second Rector. the Rev. David Masson, was the clergyman who married George Washington to Martha Custis, in Virginia. The present church bell which was cracked while ringing the news of the Declaration of Independence was remodelled by Paul Revere.