Connelly's Tavern Ellicotts Hill
| Series 7A495
Restored by Natchez Garden Club, Used as Club Headquarters. Erected by Spanish citizens in 1795. Sold later to Patrick Connelly who ran an inn. It was here that Commissioner Ellicott encamped in 1797 when he came to ascertain the boudary between the U. S. and Spanish Possession. On this hill he raised Old Glory in defiance of Spanish orders. One year later the Spaniards evacuated Natchez.