Blue Wing Inn
| Series S-49566-3|
Erected by General Mariano G. Vallejo about 1840 for the accommodation of emigrants and other travelers. Purchased in Gold Rush days by Cooper and Spriggs, two retired seafaring men, and operated as hotel and store, being one of the first hostelries of Northern California. Notable guests of the past include John c. Fremont, U. S. Grant. Kit Carson and the Bear Flag Part as well as Juaquin Murietta and "Three fingered Hack," according to local tradition.