A typical scene of the early 1940's. Here and there some of the smaller U.S. city transit companies still used the ever popular Birney car. This one was one of a fleet of 40 produced by J. G. Brill for the Conestoga traction in 1923. The scene is in front of the Lancaster,Pa. Court House at the corner of King & Duke Sts. April 15,1942.