Originally the Inn of Lt. Constant Booth built circa 1740 on Sterling Creek in the village or Sterling (Greenport). Moved about 1810 to North Road and became home of Orange Webb. Later acquired by George R. Latham and again moved in 1955 to Orient via barge. In 1757 Col. George Washington stopped at his Inn enroute Boston to Virginia. "Come to Historic Orient".