St. John's Episcopal Church, Erected 1728
Additional Details:
| This church building is the third in the Elizabeth City Parish, erected in 1728. The town and church were sacked in 1813 during war of 1812-1813. Church was repaired and named St. John's Church in 1827. The town and church were burned again in 1861 during war of 1861-1865. The original walls stood and the church was restored in 1868-70. |