Ruins of Old Ft. George on Lake George, N. Y.
Additional Details:
| FORT GEORGE was built in 1759 by the English under Gen. Amherst and was occupied as a military post. It was captured in 1775 by the Americans and held until the close of the revolution. It is now only a heap of earth held in place by walls which are quite well preserved on the East side. |