Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints, is located at new Chapel, surrey, England, about 26 miles south of London. The Temple is 84 feet wide and 159 feet long, the tower rising above the ground approximately 157 feet, and the spire extends 33 feet above the stone tower base. The building is made of reinforced concrete and structural steel. The walls above the ground are of brick masonry and faced with cut Portland limestone. The London Temple was dedicated on Sunday, September 7, 1958, by President David O. McKay.