The original Campo Store stands in the background having been restored and dedicated to the pioneers of San Diego County. A stone structure built in 1868 by L.H. & S.E. Gaskill who survived and overcame a Mexican Bandit Raid on December 5, 1875. Located two miles from the Mexican border on State Highway 94 in the back country known as the Mountain Empire.