Gun from Admiral Cervera's "Marie Theresa"
This gun was taken from the wreck of Admiral Cervera's "Marie Theresa," which fired the first shot on July 3, 1898, as it steamed out of Santiago harbor. It is now stationed at Groton Heights, Conn. It is now the custody of the Anna Warner Bailey Chapter, D.A.R. of Groton and Stonington. it was unveiled by Hobson June 17th 1902.|