Search

Categories

Mercy--Timken Mercy Hospitals

Mercy--Timken Mercy Hospitals Canton Ohio
Original:
Sold

Stock #: 383080
Type: Postcard
Era: Linen
City: Canton
State: Ohio (OH)
County: Stark
Publisher: Ralph Young
Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)

Purchase Scan Send Print
Additional Details:
Mercy Hospital was established in 1908 in the home of former United States President William McKinley on Market Avenue North, and has been rebuilt and expanded to its present capacity of 237 adult beds and 52 bassinets. Timken Mercy Hospital was opened in the Timken family home at the corner of 12th Street and Harrison Avenue N. W. in 1952, and the new building was dedicated and opened in 1957. Total capacity is 237 adult beds and 36 bassinets. Both hospitals are operated by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine