Second Street above Market Founded in 1695, its present building dating from 1727, became in Revolutionary days the Sanctuary of the Patriots. Many members of the convention which framed the Constitution worshiped here. Benjamin Franklin was a member, his families pew is No. 70. President Washington and Mrs. Washington regularly occupied pew No. 58 from 1790 to 1797. The same was the official pew of President John Adams. Betsy Ross, first maker of the American flag held pew No. 12. The baptismal font dates from 1695, the pulpit from 1769, the central candelabra from 1749. Bishop William White is interred before the chancel rails.