Northeast corner of Eighth and Jackson Streets Lincoln, Mrs. Lincoln and their infant son, Robert, moved into this house in the spring of 1844, and this was their home until they left for Washington in 1861. Three sons Edward, William and Thomas, were born in this house-the only one Lincoln ever ownes and Edward died here. The house was built in 1839 by Rev. Charles Dresser who married Abraham Lincoln and Marry Todd in 1842. Lincoln bought this house from Dresser for $1500 in 1844, and in 1856, the full second story was added at a cost of $1300.